Apply for Rebate of Assessment Rates
Set As Favourite
Property owners can apply for a reduction or rebate of assessment rates if the property/building is unoccupied and unused for a period of not less than 3 consecutive months with the following term and condition:
- The building is not undergoing repair works, remains unoccupied and unused
- The building is in good condition and fit for occupation;
- The owner has make reasonable effort to obtain a tenant;
- The rental demanded is a reasonable; and
- The building has been vacant during the whole period for which the rebate is claimed.
The following supporting document are required for this application :
- Proof of efforts to obtain tenant :
- Photograph of premise with “For Rent” banner ; or
- Letter of estate agent engage to rent the premise ; or
- Image of rental advertisement in newspaper/any other media (example: mudah.my)
- Online via Service Sarawak portal and mobile apps.
- Service Sarawak Centre at UTC Kuching, Sibu, and Miri.
- Service counter at Local Council's counter.
- This application is subject to approval by the Local Council.
- The Local Council have the right to reject the application.
Contact the Local Council for further assistance.