Certificate of Competency as a Cable Jointer
Set As Your Favourite
Print This Page
A cable jointer must apply for certificate of competency in order to be authorized and allowed to carry cable jointing work based on their competency certificate restriction. Certificate of Competency as a Cable Jointer is a certification that recognizes a person who has: a) sufficient experience in jointing, connecting and terminating of various types of cables which are likely to come under his/her charge, b) passed the examination at accredited institution and interview by the Board of Examiners. There are two categories of wireman: a) HV Cable Jointing (Taping & Heatshrink) -: Up to 11kV b) HV Cable Jointing (Taping & Heatshrink) -: Up to 33V
The application is required to submit the supporting documents below:
- Passport-sized photograph.
- Mykad and/or passport
- Work permit (required for non-Sarawakian only)
- Educational/vocational certificates and transcripts of subjects.
- Competency certificates currently in possession.
- Details of relevant courses attended.
- Details of working experiences.
- Involved in cable jointing job ten times for 11kV and six times for 33 kV under supervision of a mentor (Cable Jointer).
- Emergency response/first aid certificates, if any.
- Malaysian citizen.
- Age not less than 20 years old.
- Has experience of more than three year full time on-the-job training or part time attached with company with testimonial.
- Passed the exam for Cable Jointer and Electricity Ordinance and Electricity Rules (EOER) held at accredited institution.
This service can be obtain through the following channels:
- Online (web only)
- Electrical Inspectorate Unit Office, Ministry Of Utilities.
The charges are RM30. If the payment mode is bank draft or postal order, it must be paid to "Kerajaan Negeri Sarawak".